Marketplace or Obama health plans
Open Enrollment November 1 to December 15th for a January 1st effective date
This is Open Enrollment Period for people under the age of 65 or those not on Medicare. If you don’t choose in a plan during Open Enrollment, you will not be able to enroll in a health insurance plan until the next open enrollment period. There are some exceptions: Got Married or Divorced, moved out of your plan area, lost your current credible coverage.
Click HERE to see If you qualify for a Subsidy or Cost Sharing.
If you don’t qualify for a subsidy, you don’t have to create an account on healthcare.gov. Contact me at Health Insurance Choices, 480-782-1630. You will still have what is called a Marketplace plan.
Carriers participating in the Marketplace plans are:
- Ambetter Maricopa, Pinal and Pima
- BlueCrossBlueShield of AZ All AZ counties
- Bright Health Plans of AZ Maricopa, Pima
- Cigna Maricopa only
- Oscar Maricopa only
Click HERE to check out plan in your area.
Buyer beware! There are many telemarketers selling Limited Benefit plans and they are not insurance and can leave you at risk for large medical bills. Ask to receive a copy of their certificate or policy before you buy. Don’t believe what they tell you over the phone. They will hang up if you insist on seeing the explanation of benefit before you buy.
Your options to purchase health insurance:
- Choose a Marketplace plan (you do not need to go through the healthcare marketplace if you don’t qualify for a subside or cost sharing)
- Association or Faith based plans
- Short Term health plans with coverage from 30 days to 3 years
- Limited Benefit plans
- Critical Illness (these plans only cover if you have specific conditions like; cancer, accidents, stroke, heart attack or a certain amount of dollars for hospital stay per day.
We can help you choose a plan and enroll in a plan that fits your needs lifestyle and budget.