Health Insurance for Individuals and Families
Open Enrollment November 1 to December 15th for a January 1st effective date
This is Open Enrollment Period for people under the age of 65 or those not on Medicare Disability, Employee Group plan or Medicaid. If you don’t choose a plan now and enroll during Open Enrollment you will not be able to enroll in a health insurance plan until the next open enrollment period.
If you qualify for a subsidy you can go to www.healthcare.gov to enroll in a plan that is offered in your state and county.
If you don’t qualify for a subsidy you can go direct to the insurance company and apply without going through the healthcare.gov. You will still have what is called a Marketplace plan.
Carriers participating in the Marketplace plans are:
- Ambetter by Health Net, for Maricopa county and Pima county
- BlueCrossBlueShield for all other countries except Maricopa and Pima.
You can check out www.cigna.com as they may offer their HMO and you will see doctors at their Cigna Medical Groups.
Buyer beware! There are many telemarketers selling Limited Benefit plans and they are not insurance and can leave you at risk for large medical bills. Ask to receive a copy of their certificate or policy before you buy.
- There are Faith based health plans
- Short Term or temporary plans.
- Critical Illness plans that cover a specific condition like cancer, accidents, stroke, heart attack.