Why use an independent broker?
So what kind of Medicare insurance agent should you be looking for?
Independent agents and brokers work for you–not just one insurance company with only a few plans. Independent brokers like Diane Prentice Health Insurance Choices represent dozens of companies and hundreds of policies. This ensures that your ongoing needs are your priority.
Does health insurance cost more if purchased with a broker than without a broker?
No. By law, for a given person, all health insurance premiums are the same price whether they are sold through a broker or directly from the insurance company.
For example, a Blue Cross health insurance plan is the same price no matter where you buy it. The identical plans are sold by Blue Cross direct and by Diane Prentice, Health Insurance Choices. But, underwriting (medical risk assessment) is very different from carrier to carrier and this is where our experience can help you get the most favorable outcome.
Buying Health, Medicare plans, Dental, Life, or Long-Term Care Insurance?
Everyone needs medical care sometime, and the most common way to pay for it is through private health insurance coverage. While most Americans have some type of private coverage, the different types of insurances and how they work can be confusing and difficult to understand.
When you need to purchase health or life insurance, turning to a local independent insurance agent or broker is always a smart first step. Whether you’re looking at health, Medicare plans, life, Dental, or long-term care; your agent or broker will help you identify the benefits that will satisfy your individual needs or the needs of your company. They not only look out for your bottom line, but they also work to make sure you get the products that are right for you.
Professional Independent insurance agents and brokers provide the expertise you need to make the right choices. They are experts who:
- know the market – by distinguishing the best products from the “merely adequate”
- know the law – by reviewing state and federal legislation and regulations that impact the sale of health insurance products
- know the industry – by completing stringent, licensing requirements and continuing education courses
- know the underwriting – select the carrier(s) that will underwrite (medical risk assessment) your condition in the most favorable way
Your independent insurance agent will help you:
- review your unique needs
- learn about different insurance companies and types of coverage that can satisfy your specific concerns
- ease the burden on your time by doing the “legwork” for you
- get the most from your coverage after you’ve bought it
Independent agents and brokers work for you–not any one insurance company. This ensures that your ongoing needs are their priority.
Buying your insurance through an independent broker such as Health Insurance Choices means that you’re not just relying on one person for your quote. Your broker will be able to search through a number of different insurance databases to find you the most competitive price. You get the best deal without having to spend hours calling around for quotes.
Health Insurance choices